What is included?
- The Travel Bursary will cover economy travel costs (including air fares and taxes), hotel accommodation up to 4* (for the period of the conference, attendance of specialist venue in compliance with EucoMed guidelines) and any conference registration fees.
- The bursary will be paid on proof of expenses for registration/confirmation of arrangements.
- Others costs of stay – food, transit to and from venue would need to be self-funded.
Who can apply?
Any member of ASCN who is a Registered nurse or other healthcare professional undertaking a role as a Stoma care nurse, or with an interest in stoma care.
What will we ask from you in return?
- The successful applicant awarded the Travel bursary will be requested to share the knowledge they have gained by preparing a presentation for ASCN (UK) conference 2018. This should include the information and data collected, what impact this could have either for nurses caring for patients with a parastomal hernia or the lifestyle of an individual with a stoma.
- The successful applicant will agree to be contacted by and liaise with the British Journal of Nursing (BJN) for support to publish an article in respect of the Travel Award for the BJN stoma supplement by 2018.
How to apply?
- Please submit your proposal with a summary in 300 words detailing:
- Proposed purpose of travel
- Proposed benefits/outcome of the information/practice deemed to be gained
- Where to travel and anticipated cost
- Applications to be submitted to email@example.com by 30 November 2017.
- A panel from Suportx and ASCN committee will meet during December to agree which applications are successful.
- The successful applicant will be notified by the end of December.
- The winner of the SUPORTX Travel Bursary will be announced on the ASCN & Suportx websites and through the ASCN UK Newsletters 2018.
Any questions? Please come and see us on the Suportx stand during conference, contact your local Territory manager or Andrew Lodge at firstname.lastname@example.org.